Hot Red Cardigan

Hot Red Cardigan, DIY denim, DIY slippers, "NC" tee
Hello!

A few weeks ago I finally got this red boucle wool fabric that was featured in MimiG Style. I had to buy it on impulse. Normally I look and think when I want something. But, not this fabric. It was backordered so I waited for almost a month. The wait was worthy. I was hoping I could make my longtime desired long cardigan with contrast binding but this fabric was too thin. Seemingly, I don't have much luck on finding the right fabric for this cardigan lately. I think I should have shopped in store for the better luck. I decided to browse through my Burdastyle magazine collection again and found this other cardigan with pockets in the 9/2013 issue. It's too much loose to my liking so I altered the pattern by adding 2 inches bottom of armhole on the front and back; removing 2 inches on top of sleeve side; putting the sleeve with the sleeve strip together; adding a couple inches on hem for the longer length.   I serged the seam allowances for the finish look.



In less than 2 hours of sewing, I made this cardigan into reality. I wore it right after it was completed. It's amazingly soft and warm. I'm glad that I got this fabric. This is one of the best fabrics I've purchased online in spite of my original wrong pattern choice. I think I should make more of this cardigan in other color like navy. I've been wearing this cardigan almost every night since Valentine's. It's been washed in a delicate wash cycle and hanged dry; it's still in the good shape. I'm gonna keep wearing it until it's too hot to wear in Summer that is coming soon.













Popular Posts