Sew DIY "Nita Wrap Skirt" Tester

Nina Wrap Skirt View C
Hello!

I'm excited to share another project that I've been selected to be a pattern tester for the first time! It's Sew DIY Nita Wrap Skirt view C. I've never thought I was given this opportunity. Wow. For years I've followed Sew DIY and felt inspired by many of Beth's sewing projects. Beth is so talented and she keeps her projects young, fresh, and exciting. I feel honored to be part of her new pattern testing team.

The Nita Wrap Skirt pattern is fitted wrap skirt that comes in 3 different lengths with a selected kind of closures. It can be made with optional lining. I chose view C, the maxi length with the tie closure with the stretch denim fabric from my stash. I thought the denim fabric would be a good choice for the casual look, considering for a stay-at-home mother. For a daily wear, I wear casual jeans and slightly loose tops. I rarely wear dressy outfits but I know this denim skirt wouldn't overcome my preference of casual clothes. And it doesn't hurt to wear a skirt sometimes.


This Nita Wrap skirt is the fun project I've had from cutting to sewing all the way. I've learned some helpful tips that made my sewing process easy. The instructions and illustrations are clear and easy to understand. I had no problem following them. The only tiny thing I've changed is the sew-on snap on the waistline because I'm afraid the belt alone may not hold its place alone for the maxi length denim and how much weight it carries.  The outcome of this project is beautiful that I couldn't be more than pleased. It does look the illustrated picture but I'm not sure if that's what it should look like in reality. It doesn't matter as long as I love it! I can wear it with a fitted tee for warm weather. Now it's still winter so I'd wear a turtleneck and tights with the skirt. A floppy hat would complete the whole 70's look. I'd add a short underneath so that wouldn't be much problem like I did for the pictures.  I'll definitely make this skirt again in a different kind of material like challis for a summer wear. This skirt has a lot of potentials. It's highly recommended even for beginners!




                      



Popular Posts