More Denim!!

What do you love about morning? Sleep in? Coffee? Sewing?   For me, going to my clean kitchen to make a mess again. Honestly, no kidding! My husband thought it was funny. Haha...

The past few days, I decided to make more jeans for myself after making my first pair of Ginger jeans in "A" version from Closet Case Files. My first pair are more likely straight than skinny as the pattern mentioned but I do love them. Before I made my official first pair, I made the draft without alterations. As a result, they were really tight in my hip and upper leg areas that I hardly moved at all. In addition, they were low rise, probably the lowest rise I've ever tried on. I could admit my butt is hippo-enormous and I could wear only mid-rise to high rise jeans.

After I learned my mistakes, I decided to add 2 inches to make them mid-rise and 1/2 inch to upper sides that worked perfectly for me. The denim fabric is Theory from Mood Fabrics. Ta-da! My first pair had been born! I've been wearing them a lot since then.

I couldn't wait any longer when my first pair need to be washed. So I made two more pairs in version "B" High Waisted in cream and gray. I didn't make any alterations. They fit me well like a glove. From now on, I'll use the version "B" for making more in blue hues and possibly red & prints. In case you wondered, I used the 8 size following this pattern.

I highly recommend Ginger Jeans pattern if anyone wants to make their jeans. I have several designer and Gap jeans, mostly I got them on a sale. Truthfully, I'd rather wear my sewn jeans than those designer and Gap jeans. In my opinion, making your own feels intense and valuable that none of store-bought clothes could make you feel that way. This is how I feel each time I make my own clothes.



White high waisted Jeans




Back view of the white high waisted jeans



Close up of the white high waisted jeans



 My first jeans in the "A" version and 2nd McCalls 6991 blouse



 See if I could lift my leg with my heels. Yep, I passed!



 Close view of the "A" version jeans 



Another pair of high waisted jeans in gray and McCalls 6991 blouse 



Both jeans and McCalls 6991 blouse definitely look good together. 


Three different shades of jeans


Popular Posts