DIY That 70's Jacket




Happy Valentine's Day! I got to spend my Valentine's date with my hubby in the educational and romantic way. Guess who we met this previous weekend?? Justin LeBlanc, the former Project Runaway contestant! He's also a friend of my hubby from elementary school. He's totally friendly and cool in person. He was giving a presentation on haute couture and fashion at NC History and Science Museum. He brought up the information about textile and mill industries setting up and growing in NC that is partly new to me. I've known only a few but didn't know there are more. These are such exciting news. My hubby and I got a chance to chat with Justin after the presentation. He gave us a hug. How sweet he is! 



Today I finally finished the new released Simplicity 8058 unlined jacket that I named "That 70's Jacket". It does give the 70's vibe. Both front sides of the jacket are assymetrical that make it look unique along with the huge covered button and two pockets. This jacket was pleasing easy to make but I spent more time on serge the seam allowances and hems than I anticipated. No adjustment had been made. The fabric I chose is wool blend from Hancock Fabrics that I bought on a sale a few weeks ago. It might look plain black and white in the picture to you but, in reality it has gold threads and colorful speckles. So pretty! 

The instructions were easy to understand and follow through. I'd highly recommend this pattern. I'd definitely make the jacket again in spring palette color. I can see myself making a pair of pants and a skirt in the future.

That 70's Jacket, DIY gold glitter tee and white jeans






Happy sewing!

Popular Posts