DIY Speckled Chambray Blouse

Worn in Burdastyle 6840 blouse, DIY black jeans, old Madewell flats, and Apple watch



Hi'yall!

This weather has been insanely crazy lately. Last weekend we had ice storm and the power went out for more than 16 hours. We managed to survive without the heat and most, importantly the internet. We rely on the internet for everything. I don't think we can survive without the internet any much longer than that. Now it is sunny and 73 degrees which it is unusual for this time of the year. But I got the chance for wearing my new hand-made blouse and taking pictures outside while enjoying the warmth.


Last month I shopped online for new fabrics and found this cute colorful speckled chambray fabric. I felt nostologic of it for some reasons I can't explain. Perhaps some childhood book of bunnies with colorful eggs? Or my favorite piece of clothing I used to wear as little? Have you ever experienced it? Well, I got to have it so I pick out Burdastyle 6840. I opted for the view A with only one change - adding sleeves. I love how the combination of peter pan collar, pleats, and hidden button placket look on the blouse. The instructions were clear and easy to follow through. This blouse was completed in a short amount of time just in time for this unpredictable perfect sunny day. To be honest, I kind of regret this blouse style for this cute chambray fabric because it looks a bit more homemade. Maybe pleats or hidden button placket isn't right? I think boyfriend style or any shirt without pleats and hidden button placket would work better for chambray fabrics in my opinion. I couldn't get rid of it because I'm too proud! In spite of that, I really like the pattern. It would look a lot whole better with the right fabric. I'd pick the suggested fabrics like silk, chiffon or crepe. Maybe lightweight rayon challis? What do you suggest?

Practiced taking pictures with Apple watch. How cool is it!?!

Close-up view of Front

Close-up back view

Popular Posts