Wintery White Cardigan


Hello y'all!

I've made this cardigan a while ago and finally posted this to share with you. Last year I originally got this wool blend knit from Mood Fabric for Burdastyle long coat with contrast binding but it's not thick enough. Regretfully, I should have gotten a swatch to save the trouble but didn't mind using the fabric for different project. It seems like every time I face obstacles, I manage to get around and find solutions. The other word for it is my creativity, right?  Anyway, I looked through my collection of Burdastyle magazines and found this long cardigan as the best option for the fabric.

Before I started sewing, I struggled to get idea of how the cardigan is made upon reading the instructions. It was no surprise as Burdastyle is well-known for unclear instructions. So I copied the pattern to the doll-size on a piece of paper and tried to assemble the pieces together. At first, It didn't even look right so I tried the other way.  I even asked my hubby for help. He got the idea of how it should look like based on the magazine picture but didn't seem to understand neither. Finally I got the pieces together correctly after many attempts. I'm afraid I may not be able to show you how it was made but this is how I solved the problem.

As a result, I was pleased with how it turned out. It is really open and the length is long enough to cover most of back and hips. Perhaps a belt will keep the front covered. It's not warm enough for the cold weather without a coat though. It'd probably be too luxurious but comfortable for me to wear on lounging days. Who said we can't look pretty and wear luxurious clothes for lounging?



Purrcie checks out this cool device. Isn't he adorable??
Will I make the cardigan again? I doubt. I'd keep looking for a better cardigan pattern. Would I recommend it? That depends on who.

Happy Sewing!


Popular Posts