DIY McCalls 6948 Girl Dress




Hello!

I've kept my promise on sharing details of my girl, Jabella's McCalls 6948 dress. The fabric is Kaufman London Calling Lawn from Fabrics. I'm a fan of Kaufman and I've used many of his fabrics such as knit, chambray, denim, batiste, and lawn. Kaufman London Calling Lawn is the inexpensive version of Liberty London - they look and feel pretty much same. Once I've made a blouse with Liberty London. I would buy all kinds of Kaufman London Calling Lawn if I could.


Nowaday I don't have much luck on finding a dress that will fit Jabella in stores. Well, to be honest with you, most clothes in stores don't fit Jabella well except knit tees and leggings. Lucky for Jabella, she has her Mommy make her pretty clothes. In my previous post, I've mentioned Jabella will wear this dress for the upcoming wedding. That's not the main reason I've made this dress, Jabella needed a new Spring dress as she had outgrown her last year dress. I picked McCalls 6948 for the flowly and loose look with waist elastic. For Jabella's fitting, I used 10 size and cut a couple inches shorter of front and back bottom dress. I sewed and serged the seam allowances all the way to prevent fraying. I followed the directions without any problem. The dress looked same as the pattern dress.  The neckline was pretty low so Jabella wore a tank underneath. That solved the problem. Jabella was so excited and put on the dress immediately when she first saw it. She danced and twirled around while I took pictures of her. Her Daddy agreed with her dress. I couldn't be more than pleased. That made me a proud Mommy.


Would I use this pattern again? Yes, definitely!  Do I recommend this pattern? Yes! It's easy to make.





Until then...

Popular Posts